Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Thirteen" Movie Review

Starring: Nikki Reed and Evan Rachel Wood
Director: Catherine Hardwicke
Writers: Catherine Hardwicke and Nikki Reed

I watched "Thirteen" doing my first hit of food poisoning so I was pausing a lot and not enjoying myself. The movie is about a 13 year old girl (Evan Rachel Wood) who wants to be popular (it's based on Nikki Reed's life). She befriends the prettiest most popular girl in school (Nikki Reed) by stealing and they eventually become best friends and start doing lots of drugs, having sex, stealing... all that fun stuff... They are both troubled in different ways.

I guess I can't relate because I never felt the need to go around school being the popular bad girl and I never felt the need to do drugs and be rebellious... and I don't understand why some people do when they have loving parents and no problems... I understand some people do have a lot of problems at home but I think it all comes down to wanting to be "cool" in this movie and I never felt a need to prove myself to people who didn't think I was.

Anyway although I couldn't relate the movie it still had good direction, was well done and real. It was shot in 7 days I believe so that's impressive. I'm glad I watched it but it's not a movie I feel I have a need to own.

- IRENA

No comments: